05 settembre 2007

Summer is over, but that's okay

It's wild to think that it's been a month since Viareggio and the amazing time I had there. And a few days ago I would have done anything to make the summer last a little longer.

But this past weekend has been absolutely amazing and I think it was a great way to end the summer and start the new school year. It was a hectic weekend, but it definitely made me realize how freaking lucky I am and how many cool people I know.

The craziness started on Friday when I helped move people into their dorms at school in the morning. Playing move-in crew was followed by a late afternoon and evening at the California State Fair checking out the exhibits and chillaxin' with cool people. Then Friday closed off with subbing in for an indoor team in Sacramento until 1030. Needless to say I slept like a baby that night, which was pretty awesome.

Saturday was just as hectic. The Strikers had an awesome tournament in Sacramento. Saturday was a full day event, as was Sunday. The tournament ended with a pretty sweet Championship game that played into sudden death PKs - up to the 9th kicker. We placed second, which was pretty freakin' awesome considering we lost players to injuries and the heat was unreal.

Sunday evening was a pretty awesome time. I think the party at my house went well, that's what everyone's been telling me. But what do I know. All I know is I was amused at getting thrown into the pool a couple times (fully clothed) and jumping in on my own accord a couple times as well. And the excursion to the park was pretty awesome as well - I love playing on swings.

Which I also got to do on Monday after a full day at the Fair, which included exhibits, riding a mechanical bull, chillin' with people, pretty tasty Thai food, and of course one go on the Gravitron - the most amazing ride ever that makes me think how cool a Dance Club would be with centrifugal force pushing you about. Haha. Chilled at a park post fair, which was awesome because, as mentioned before, I love to swing. And I love to jump off swings - mind falling on woodchips sort of sucks.

So all in all the weekend was a pretty awesome way to end my summer vacation - especially since I was able to see some of the rad Viareggio people (if only everyone could have been there it would have been like those awesome times).

School was pretty chill today as well. My class load is going to suck in terms of work and stuff, but it's nice having a routine again. And next week it'll be nice once I get into the routine for tutoring and fraternity stuff - I'm definitely digging the chill spot on campus that we can hang at with our comfy couch and everything. The only thing that would make our booth better would be water misters. Heh. Oh well, I'll just have to enjoy the fresh air, wireless net, and sweet beats instead.

Nessun commento: