10 luglio 2009

Awkward Zone

So. I am at Red Robin on Greenhaven and I have entered the awkward zone.
I am supposed to meet someone at 5 but I am early so I thought I'd kill some time inside rather than wait in my car roasting. I enter and say I am waiting for someone, can I wait in the waiting area. It is mainly a rhetorical question said out of politeness. I don't expect a response other than, "Absolutely." Or "By all means, make yourself comfortable and let us know when you're ready." However - I get neither of these and instead receive an awkward and unsure, "Um. I guess so..." followed by an awkward stare and a severely pregnant pause.
I almost felt the need to put on my fancy suit and order a beer in order to defeat the Awkward Zone.









-- Post made from iPaolo

Nessun commento: